Representative Transactions (JM)
- Defended and repaired malpractice in context of bankruptcy, including Chapters 7, 11, and 13.
- Represented businesses in buying and selling assets.
- Represented a buyer who successfully purchased several franchises and assets from Chapter 11 debtor under a confirmed plan.
- Represented landlords in major bankruptcy cases in several states.
- Represented minority shareholder and venture capitalists in complex, multi-court litigation regarding management and dissolution of an international fiber-optic cable company.
- Represented creditor in Enron bankruptcy case, including successful defense of the creditor who was sued after terminating a purchase contract.
- Represented machining and fabrication business who filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy. Confirmed Chapter 11 plan.
- Represented creditor who purchased a lumber mill from Chapter 11 debtor as part of bankruptcy case and sold lumber mill to third party outside of bankruptcy case.
- Represented buyer of a million-dollar, special-designed personal property.
- Represented several sellers and buyers of real and personal property from bankruptcy estate, including intellectual property.
- Represented trustees and creditors (transferees) in more than 100 preference matters.